Airfare Deals on Low-Cost Airlines Flying to W A Mozart Airport (SZG)
Cheap tickets and low prices are available on low-cost airlines flying to Salzburg Mozart Airport (SZG), Austria. The lowest fares are from London, the UK, and Germany.
Low fares and cheap tickets are available to travelers flying to Salzburg’s W A Mozart Airport (SZG) from various European destinations. The number of flights and destinations served are particularly big from London, the UK and Germany but many other European and especially Scandinavian airports can also be reached on direct flights.
- Salzburg is of course most famous as the birthplace of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart but most passengers flying to Salzburg Airport are primarily en route to nearby ski resorts. The number of flights is thus larger in winter and particularly busy on Saturdays – the best deals are thus available to passengers flying mid week.
Cheap Flights to Salzburg Airport (SZG) from the UK
British passengers have a wide choice of cheap flights on low-cost airlines flying from various cities in Britain to Salzburg Airport (SZG). Airlines flying to UK destinations from Salzburg during the winter season include:
- Low-cost airline Ryanair (FR) flies to London-Stansted (STN) and Dublin in Ireland.
- Low-cost airline Thomsonfly (TOM) flies to Bournemouth, Coventry, Doncaster Sheffield, London-Gatwick (LGW), and Manchester.
- Low-cost airline Easy Jet flies to London-Stansted (STN)
- Low-cost airline Flybe (BE) flies to Exeter and Southampton.
- British Airways (BA) flies daily to London-Gatwick (LGW).
- BMI flies to Cork and London-Gatwick (LGW).
- Low-cost airline Jet2.com (LS) flies to Leeds-Bradford.
Cheap Flights to Salzburg Airport (SZG) from German Airports
The Austrian Alps is a favorite destination for German skiers so many German cities see flights to Salzburg.
- Low-cost airline TUIfly (X3) flies to Berlin-Tegel (TXL), Hamburg, Hannover, and Köln-Bonn (Cologne CGN).
- Low-cost airline Air Berlin (AB) flies to Nürnberg (Nuremberg)
- Austrian Airlines (code sharing with Lufthansa) flies five times daily to Frankfurt (FRA) and twice daily to Düsseldorf via Linz.
Domestic Austrian Flights To Salzburg Airport (SZG)
Austrian Airlines (operated by Tyrolean Airlines) have flights to Salzburg from Linz (30 minutes) and Vienna / Wien (40 minutes).
Flights to Salzburg Airport (SZG) from Other European Cities
Several other European cities can be reached on non-stop flights from Salzburg (SZG) – many flights are seasonal though:
- Aer Lingus (EI) flies to Dublin.
- Kras Air (7B) flies to Moscow (DME).
- Cirrus Airlines (C9) flies up to three times daily on behalf of Swiss to Zurich.
- Finnair (AY) and Bleu1 fly to Helsinki.
- Iceland Air (FI) flies to Reykjavik.
- Niki flies to Arrecife/Gran Canaria, Heraklion, Hurghada, Ibiza, Kos, Lanzarote, Luxor , Moscow-Domodedovo, Murcia, Nuremberg, Palma de Mallorca, and Rhodes.
- Low-cost airline Norwegian Air Shuttle (DY) flies to Bergen, Oslo, and Warsaw.
- Low-cost airline Ryanair (FR) flies to Dublin, Göteborg, St Petersburg, and Stockholm (NYO) in addition to UK destinations listed above.
- Denmark-based low-cost airline Sterling Airways (NB) flies to Copenhagen, Oslo, and Stockholm (ARN).
- Dutch low-cost airline Transavia Airlines (HV) flies to Brussels, Copenhagen, and Rotterdam.
Transportation to Salzburg Airport (SZG) in Austria
By Car to Salzburg Airport (SZG), Austria
Salzburg Airport is easiest reached by car from Autobahn A1, exit Flughafen – an Austrian Autobahn Vignette is compulsory. Driving time from Salzburg old town and station is about 15 minutes. Drivers without the vignette can use the Innsbrucker Bundestraße B1from downtown Salzburg or from Germany.
- Taxis and several shuttle services are available from the airport to Salzburg and ski resorts in the region.
By Bus to Salzburg Airport (SZG), Austria
The best and cheapest way to reach Salzburg Airport is by public bus. Bus line 2 connects Salzburg Flughafen (Airport) and Hauptbahnhof (Main Train Station) up to 6 times per hour in 20 minutes. Bus 10 travels to SAm via Salzburg town center every 10 minutes or so on work days. The bus fare for either is €2.30.
- Bus services are available directly from the airport to several other Austrian towns such as St. Johann and Kitzbühel as well Bad Reichenhall in Germany.
The best alternative airport to Salzburg Mozart (SZG) is Munich Airport (MUC). It is around 180 km / 120 miles from Salzburg with fast transportation from Munich Airport to Salzburg by car or trains.