Low Airfares on Low-Cost Airline Ryanair Flying to Düsseldorf (NRN)
Weeze Airport (NRN) is used by low-cost airline Ryanair. Passengers trade off cheap tickets and low airfares for a rather inconvenient location to the north of Düsseldorf.
Airport Weeze (NRN) is a small regional airport 70 km to the northeast of Düsseldorf. It is close to the Dutch border and around 30 km from Nijmegen in the Netherlands. It is often advertised as an alternative airport to Flughafen Düsseldorf (DUS) but low-cost airline travelers should note that Weeze Airport is rather inconvenient for travelers to Düsseldorf and many other Ruhr cities. Taxi2Airport provides online quotations for transfers to any destination in Germany and the Netherlands.
- Low-cost airline Ryanair is by far the largest operator at Airport Weeze (NRN). Ryanair insist on referring to Weeze as “Düsseldorf (Weeze)” but may use that name only in advertisement in Germany if the words “ca. 70 km from Düsseldorf” are displayed prominently.
Cheap Flights on Low-Cost Airline Ryanair from Düsseldorf (Weeze) NRN
Ryanair uses Düsseldorf (Weeze) NRN as a major hub and thus have many flights from here to mostly European holiday destinations. Ryanair flies from Weeze Airport NRN to Alicante, Ancona, Balaton, Berlin-Schönefeld, Birmingham, Bologna, Bydgoszcz, Cagliari, Dublin, Edinburgh, Faro, Fuerteventura, Girona, Glasgow-Prestwick, Gothenborg-City, London-Gatwick (LGW), London-Stansted (STN), Málaga, Manchester, Marrakech, Milan-Bergamo, Oslo-Torp, Palma de Mallorca, Riga, Rome-Ciampino, Santander, Seville, Shannon, Stockholm-Skavsta, Tenerife-South, Trapani, Växjö, Venice-Treviso, and Wroclaw (Breslau).
- Some flights are seasonal and operate only in winter or summer.
Cheap Flights on Low-Cost Airline Sky Airlines from Düsseldorf (Weeze) NRN
Other low-cost airlines fly mostly from Airport Weeze to Mediterranean holiday destinations. Low-cost airlines flying regularly from Weeze (NRN) include:
- Hamburg International has seasonal flights to Antalya, Bourgas, Faro, Gran Canaria, Heraklion, Hurghada, Korfu, Lanzarote, Las Palmas, Palma de Mallorca, Sharm El-Sheikh, and Tel Aviv.
- Low-cost carriers Pegasus Airlines, Sky Airlines, and SunExpress has seasonal flights to Antalya in Turkey.
- Dutch low-cost airline has flights to Innsbruck during the skiing season
Ground Transportation to Düsseldorf (Weeze) NRN
Weeze Airport can easily be reached by road, which makes it popular with the around 10 million people living within an hour’s drive of the airport. For non-residents not planning to rent a car, getting to and from Airport Weeze can be more of an ordeal.
See Cheap Public Transportation to Airport Weeze for more updated information.
By Train to Airport Weeze
Weeze Bahnhof in the town Weeze is the closest railway station to Airport Weeze. The station can be reached hourly on weekends and twice hourly on weekdays on the regional train from Düsseldorf to Cleve via Krefeld. Krefeld has good railway connections to Aachen, Maastricht, and Cologne (Köln) as well as Ruhr cities Duisburg, Oberhausen, Essen, Bochum, and Dortmund. Other connections are best made at Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof, which is just over an hour’s ride from Weeze.
- An Airport Shuttle Bus connects the railway station and airport terminal once per hour in about 10 minutes.
By Bus to Airport Weeze
Airport Weeze is usually reached most conveniently by bus. Bus services run to German and Dutch towns and even Düsseldorf is generally reached more conveniently by bus than by train.
- Bohr Omnibusse has a service up to six time per day to Düsseldorf (90 minutes), Cologne (2h30), and Brühl (3h).
- Airport Shuttle Express has five service per day to Moers (35 minutes), Duisburg (50 minutes) and Essen (1h10). Extensions to Oberhausen, Bochem, and Dortmund are planned for the future. Reservations are possible but only essential from Moers.
- Taxi Hottgenroth has a service to the Dutch towns Venray (25 minutes), Nijmegen (45 minutes), and Arnheim (65 minutes). Prior reservations are essential.
- The Air Express Bus has six daily services to Utrecht (2h30) and Amsterdam (3h30). Reservations are possible.
Taxi2Airport can provide instant online quotations for taxi and minibus shuttle van transfers from Airport Weeze to any destination in Germany or the Netherlands. Such private transfer services may be of use to small groups, especially when traveling to destinations not readily served by public transportation.
Airport Weeze is clearly not the most convenient airport to Düsseldorf but for many travelers the cheap tickets on low-cost airlines make the inconvenience of the cumbersome ground transportation bearable. In contrast, getting to Düsseldorf International Airport (DUS) is a shining example of efficiency and simplicity. For travelers heading to destinations further south in the Rhinelands, Cologne-Bonn Airport (CGN) has many more cheap flights.