Shuttle bus services go from Weeze Airport in Germany to several Dutch cities including Nijmegen, Arnhem, Utrecht, Amsterdam, and Venlo.
Weeze Airport in Germany is only around 2 km from the Dutch border. Many travelers from the Netherlands therefore also enjoy the cheap flights available on low-cost airlines such as Ryanair from Weeze Airport (NRN). The number of shuttle bus services from Weeze Airport to Venlo, Nijmegen, Arnhem, Utrecht, and Amsterdam in the Netherlands has been reduced in recent years. The services are now mostly on shared minibus vans on which advance reservations are almost always required.
Private transfer services are convenient and for small groups may even be cheaper than shuttle buses. Expect to pay for private airport transfers from Weeze Airport to Venlo around €50, Nijmegen €90, Arnhem €100, and around €300 to Amsterdam. Several services are available making it worth comparing online before booking. My Driver gives online quotations for private airport transfers without first requiring personal details or flight numbers.
Weeze Airport Transfers to Arnhem, Nijmegen and Venlo in the Netherlands
Airport transfers between Weeze Airport and the Dutch cities Arnhem, Nijmegen and Venlo are operated by Airport Weeze Shuttle using mostly Cox Taxi minivans. Reservations at least 24h in advance are essential.
The service from Nijmegen is a typical shuttle bus service running according to the timetable. Depending on the day, there may be up to 10 services. The journey time is 45 minutes and cost €18 one way and €30 return.
The Airport Weeze Shuttle bus stop at the airport is Stop 5 while the bus stop in Nijmegen is at the main train station in front of the Hotel Restaurant Mercure.
The service to Arnhem (70 minutes) and Venlo (45 minutes) are in smaller minivans and mostly operate according to demand. Prices range from €10 if six people book to €45 for a solo passenger between Venlo and Weeze and from €18 if six people book to €90 for a solo passenger for travel from Arnhem. The airport shuttle stops at the Gelredome McDonals’d parking in Arnhem and in Venlo at the “Kiss&Ride” of the Central Station.
Trains are also an option when traveling from Weeze Airport to Venlo but traveling times will be significantly longer.
See By Train to Weeze Airport for details including using the cheap Schöner-Tag-Ticket NRW.
Air Express Bus from Weeze Airport to Amsterdam, Den Bosch, Utrecht, and Eindhoven
Air Express Bus has up to seven daily shuttle buses from Weeze Airport in Germany to Eindhoven, Den Bosch (‘s-Hertogenbosch), Utrecht, and Amsterdam in the Netherlands but the service depends on the season and flight timetables. Reservations are essential.
The Air Express Buses use the following stops (traveling time to Weeze):
- Amsterdam (3:15) – the bus stops in front of the Holland International Canal Cruises in Prins Hendrikkade or in front of the Victoria Hotel.
- Utrecht (2:30) – at the touring bus stop next to the park and ride parking lot Transferium Westraven at Griffioenlaan 1.
- Den Bosch (2:00) – Transferium Pettelaarpark
- Eindhoven Airport (1:30) – Air Express Bus stop in front of the arrivals hall.
- Weeze Airport – Air Express Bus stop in front of Terminal 1.
The one-way fare from Weeze Airport is €19 to Eindhoven, €21 to Den Bosch, €27 to Utrecht, and €37 to Amsterdam. Tickets bought online as well as return reservations are slightly cheaper.
See Also on Weeze Airport (NRN)
- Transportation to Weeze Airport
- Cheap Flights to Weeze Airport
- By Train to Weeze Airport
- Buses from Weeze Airport to Düsseldorf & Cologne
- Buses from Weeze Airport to Duisburg, Essen & Oberhausen
- My Driver gives online quotations for private airport transfers without first requiring personal details or flight numbers.