Airport Shuttle Express / Cox Taxi has cheap, convenient minibus van services from Weeze Airport (NRN) to Moers, Duisburg and Essen in the Ruhr area of Germany near Düsseldorf.
Getting to Weeze Airport (NRN) from Moers, Duisburg and Essen is easiest by Airport Shuttle Express / Cox Taxi minibus service but require prior reservations. This airport shuttle bus service is more convenient than using the train and faster too. The previous service to Oberhausen is no longer available. Private shuttle bus services from Weeze Airport are limited so do compare prices before making reservations. Taxi2Airport and My Driver give online quotations for private airport transfers without first requiring personal details or flight numbers.
Airport Shuttle Express Minibuses from Weeze Airport to Duisburg and Essen
Airport Shuttle Express has a minibus service between Weeze Airport and Essen with a stop en route in Moers and Duisburg. Traveling times from Weeze Airport is 40 minutes to Moers, 60 minutes to Duisburg and 80 minutes to Essen.
The Airport Shuttle Express runs around 7 times per day – the timetable changes with the winter and summer flight schedules.
Tickets and Reservations for the Weeze Airport Shuttle Express to Duisburg and Essen
Airport Shuttle Express / Cox Taxi mini buses operate mostly according to the Ryanair timetable but any passenger may use the bus. Buses may wait if possible for late flight arrivals and similarly depart early when all reserved passengers are on board.
- Reservations at least 24h in advance are essential.
The one-way fare on the Weeze Airport Shuttle Express to Essen is €19.50 (€16 for children 2 to 6) , to Duisburg €17.50 (€12.50 for children 2 to 6) and to Moers €15 (€10 for children 2 to 6). Pay the driver in cash.
Bus Stops Used by the Weeze Airport Shuttle Express in Duisburg and Essen
The Airport Shuttle Express uses the following stops:
- In Essen – from the bus station (Fernreisebusbahnhof Essen) at Freiheit to the south (Süd) of Essen Hauptbahnhof.
- In Duisburg – from the bus station to the west (West) of Duisburg Hauptbahnhof in Mercator Street (across from numbers 74-94. (The stop in Otto-Keller-Straße is no longer used!)
- In Moers – next to the entrance to the Van der Valk Hotel at Krefelder Straße 169.
- From Weeze Airport – bus stops across the road from Terminal 1 – bus stop for buses to Duisburg Hbf or Essen Hbf.
By Train from Airport Weeze to Duisburg and Essen
Duisburg and Essen can also be reached by train from Weeze Airport. However, transfers are required.
The basic routing is by bus from Weeze Airport to Weeze Station. Then a regional express train to Krefeld from where good connections are available to Duisburg and Essen. Traveling time to Duisburg is 1h25 and to Essen 1h50.
For more details see By Train to Weeze Airport and also more information on how to use the Schöner-Tag-Ticket NRW to save when traveling on trains and buses in the region. The savings are particularly good for small groups.
See Also on Weeze Airport (NRN)
- Transportation to Weeze Airport
- Cheap Flights to Weeze Airport
- By Train to Weeze Airport
- Buses from Weeze Airport to Düsseldorf & Cologne
- Buses from Weeze Airport to the Netherlands (Venlo, Arnhem, Nijmegen, Utrecht & Amsterdam)
- Taxi2Airport and My Driver give online quotations for private airport transfers without first requiring personal details or flight numbers.