Getting to Flughafen Frankfurt-Hahn Airport (HHN) is cheap and fast on the Flibco shuttle bus from Trier, Luxembourg, Thionville, Metz and Nancy.
The Flibco airport shuttle bus service is the easiest and cheapest way to travel on public transportation from Flughafen Frankfurt-Hahn Airport to Trier in Germany, Luxembourg (Luxemburg), and Thionville, Metz and Nancy in France. The Flibco airport shuttle bus connects Frankfurt-Hahn Airport Luxembourg via Trier and Luxembourg Airport. From Luxembourg Airport, further connections are available to Thionville, Metz and Nancy in Lorraine, France. Connections to Frankfurt Airport (FRA) and Frankfurt am Main city can also be booked through Flibco.
Taxis from Frankfurt-Hahn Airport are expensive as the airport is far from major cities and other public transportation links. For small groups private airport shuttle services may be worth the splurge, especially to destinations without direct public transportation links, but most low-cost airline passengers will find better value by using the cheaper buses. Compare and reserve in advance. My Driver gives online quotations for private airport transfers without first requiring personal details or flight numbers.
The Flibco Airport Shuttle Bus to Trier, Luxembourg, Thionville, Metz and Nancy
Flibco provides the most convenient public transportation option from Frankfurt-Hahn Airport in Germany to Trier, Luxembourg (Luxemburg), as well as Thionville, Metz and Nancy in Lorraine in France. The Flibco airport shuttle buses operate according to the timetable and do not wait if planes arrive late.
Traveling times for the Flibco shuttle buses from Frankfurt-Hahn Airport are as follows:
- Trier – 1h00
- Luxembourg-Airport – 1h40
- Luxemburg-Main Train Station – 1h55
- Luxemburg P+R Bouillon – 2h00
- Thionville – 2h30
- Metz – 3h00
- Nancy – 4h00
It is often necessary to change buses at Luxembourg Airport if traveling to cities in Lorraine – this can increase the traveling time depending on the time of day.
Flibco Airport Shuttle Bus Stops in Germany, Luxembourg, and France
The Flibco Airport Shuttle Buses stop at the following stops:
- Flughafen Frankfurt-Hahn Airport – in front of Terminal 2.
- Trier – at stop 1 on Bahnhofsplatz right in front of Trier train station.
- Luxembourg Airport
- Luxembourg Main Train Station (Gare / Hauptbahnhof) – Bus stop 13 next to the CFL/RGTR parking lot and across the road from the post office.
- Luxembourg P+R Bouillon – from the bus stop in front of the parking garage.
- Thionville – at the Gare SNCF train station.
- Maizières-les-Metz – Parking E Leclerc
- Metz – from bus stop TIM at 23 Avenue Foch, in front of the Hotel Ibis Styles Metz at the main train station.
- Nancy – Saint Catherine Quai 24 and La Cascade, 4 Rue de la Moselle
- Frankfurt am Main Hauptbahnhof – Stuttgarter Straße, Bohr Stop (Ryanair, Hahn Airport)
- Frankfurt International Airport (FRA) – Terminal 2, Exit E9 service is provided by Bohr.
Buying Tickets for the Flibco Bus from Frankfurt-Hahn to Trier, Luxembourg, & Lorraine
Bus tickets to Frankfurt Hahn Airport is cheapest when bought online from flibco.com. Tickets are priced similarly to low-cost airline fares – cheaper when demand is low and for advance bookings. If space is available on the bus, tickets may also be bought directly from the driver but at a higher price.
If a bus is missed, tickets become invalid but Flibco will usually allow free travel on the next bus if space is available. Ask before buying a new ticket.
Flibco Airport Shuttle Bus fares from Frankfurt-Hahn Airport are as follows:
|Advance Reservation Fares|
|On the Bus||Minimum||More Likely|
|Metz & Nancy||€40||€32||€5||€20|
The number of tickets available at the lowest fare is limited – the key here is advance reservations.
The Luxembourg to Frankfurt buses are no longer bookable via German Railways as IC buses.
For airport shuttle bus services to other destinations see Transportation to Frankfurt-Hahn Airport.
Also see Flibco’s shuttle bus service to Charleroi Airport south of Brussels in Belgium.