Low Airfares and Tickets on Budget Airlines Flying to BSL, MLH, EAP
EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg (BSL, MLH, EAP) is a favorite for cheap flights and discount tickets on low-cost airlines flying to Switzerland, Germany, and France.
Flying to Switzerland is often anything but cheap. However, Basel Airport (BSL) has many flights on low-cost airlines to European destinations. EasyJet, Air Berlin and TUIfly have a strong presence at Basel Airport, which is a sound alternative for budget travelers heading to Alsace in France and the Southern Black Forest in Germany.
- The full name of Basel Airport is EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg.
EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg has three IATA codes: BSL, MLH, and EAP – BSL is the most common with many internet reservation services not recognizing EAP at all. Some destinations are only served during the summer season.
Cheap Flights to Basel Airport (BSL) on Low-Cost Airline easyJet (EZY)
Low-cost airline easyJet is the largest airline at Basel Airport. EasyJet currently flies from Basel Airport (BLS) to Alicante, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin-Schönefeld, Bordeaux, Cagliari, Hamburg, Istanbul, Lisbon, Liverpool, London-Luton (LTN), London-Stansted (STN)Madrid, Malaga, Marrakech, Naples, Nice, Olbia, Palma de Mallorca, Porto, and Rome-Ciampino.
Cheap Flights to Basel Airport (BSL) on Low-Cost Airline Air Berlin
German low-cost airline Air Berlin (AB) flies from Basel Airport to Fuerteventura, Heraklion, Kos, Lamezia Terme, Lanzarote, Las Palmas, Nuremberg, Palma de Mallorca, Rhodes, and Tenerife-South.
Cheap Flights to Basel Airport (BSL) on Low-Cost Airline Ryanair
Super low-cost airline Ryanair (FR) flies from Basel to Alicante, Barcelona-Girona, Dublin, and Stockholm-Skavsta.
Cheap Flights to Basel Airport (BSL) on Low-Cost Airline TUIfly
German low-cost airline TUIfly (X3) flies from Basel Airport to Fuerteventura, Funchal, Heraklion), Kos, Korfu, Lanzarote, Las Palmas, Menorca, Palma de Mallorca, Rhodes, and Tenerife-South.
Flights to Basel Airport (BSL) on Lufthansa and Swiss International
German airline Lufthansa (LH) flies from Basel to its main German hubs: Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, and Munich. Swiss International Air Lines (LX), which belongs to Lufthansa, flies from Basel to Amsterdam, Barcelona, Belgrade, Brussels, Budapest, London-City (LCY), Manchester, Prague, Warsaw, and Zurich.
- The 30-minute Swiss flights from Zurich (ZRH) are the only scheduled Swiss domestic flights to Basel Airport (BSL).
French Domestic Flights to Mulhouse Airport (MLH)
- Air France (AF) flies from Mulhouse Airport (MLH), as Basel Airport is known on French domestic flights, to Lyon, Paris-Charles de Gaulle (four times daily), and Paris-Orly (up to seven times daily).
- On weekdays, regional French airlines Airlinair (A5) flies to Rennes while Twin Jet (T7) flies to Marseille and Toulouse.
Flights to Basel Airport (BSL) on Other Low-Cost Airlines
Several other airlines have cheap scheduled flights from Basel. Antalya is a favorite airport for cheap holidays in Turkey and many low-cost and charter airlines compete on the Basel-Antalya route.
- Aigle Azur (ZI) flies to Algiers, Constantine, and Hurghada.
- Air Algérie (AH) flies to Constantine.
- Atlas Blue flies Marrakesh.
- Austrian Airlines (OS) flies to Vienna.
- British Airways (BA) flies to London-Heathrow (LHR).
- Cimber Air (QI) flies to Copenhagen.
- DanubeWings flies to Bratislava.
- Iceland Express flies Reykjavik-Keflavik.
- Onur Air flies to Antalya.
- Pegasus Airlines flies to Antalya and Bodrum.
- Sky Airlines flies to Antalya.
- SunExpress (XQ) flies to Antalya and Izmir (summer).
- Transaero Airlines flies to Moscow Domodedovo (summer).
- Turkish Airlines (TK) flies to Istanbul-Atatürk.
Air Transat flights in summer from Montreal in Canada are the only scheduled intercontinental flights to Basel Airport (BSL).
EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg is physically located in France and jointly operated by France and Switzerland. Transportation is easy – Basel Airport is only minutes by road from Switzerland and even Strasbourg in Alsace, France, can be reached within an hour.