Cheap Flights and Low-Cost Budget Airlines at SXB in Alsace
Flights to Strasbourg Airport (SXB) in Alsace, France are mostly not cheap as low-cost budget airlines do not fly to Alsace. Trains and other airports offer cheaper options.
Strasbourg Airport (Aéroport de Strasbourg Entzheim – SXB) is conveniently located only around 10 km to the southwest of Strasbourg. SXB is only the seventh busiest airport in France and thus serve only a limited number of destinations. Low-cost budget airlines do not fly to Strasbourg and as a result flights are often expensive and aimed at the business rather than the leisure traveler. For cheap deals and bargain flights it is often necessary to fly via Basel or to take the train.
Use major internet reservation services to compare prices, as deals may be available on quiet days. Paris to Strasbourg is often an expensive flight but the expense may be minimal when the flight is part of an international connecting flight routed via Paris.
Flights to Strasbourg Airport in Alsace (SXB) on Air France
Air France (AF) and Air France subsidiaries and partners have by far the largest number of flights to and from Strasbourg Airport.
- Air France flies from Strasbourg Airport (SXB) to Nice Côte d’Azur, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, and Paris-Orly.
- Régional flies from Strasbourg (SXB) to Ajaccio Napoléon Bonaparte, Amsterdam Schipol, Bordeaux Mérignac, Calvi, Clermont-Ferrand Auvergne, Lille Lesquin, Marseille Provence, and Toulouse.
- Brit Air flies from Strasbourg (SXB) to Bastia Poretta, Copenhagen, Figari South Corsica, Lyon Saint-Exupéry, Nantes Atlantique, and Rennes Saint-Jacques.
- CityJet flies from Strasbourg (SXB) to London City Airport (LCY).
Direct Flights to Aéroport de Strasbourg Entzheim (SXB) by Other Airlines
A declining number of further airlines have flights to Strasbourg Airport (SXB) but the lack of competition keeps airfares generally high:
- Brussels Airlines flies to Brussels / Bruxelles
- Czech Airlines flies to Prague
- Iberia flies to Madrid Barajas
- Royal Air Maroc flies to Casablanca
- Tunisair flies to Djerba and Tunis Carthage
Ground Transportation to Strasbourg Airport (SXB)
Strasbourg Airport is easily and cheaply reached by train. The new Entheim station is directly next to Strasbourg Airport with trains from 2009 the easiest way to reach the airport on public transportation.
The train ride to the airport is around 10 minutes. Trains operate mostly four times per hour during weekdays but services are significantly less frequent on Saturdays and especially on Sundays..
Strasbourg Airport can also be reached easily by car. Driving times from downtown Strasbourg can be as fast as 15 minutes. Driving to Strasbourg Airport from Colmar takes around 40 minutes while Mulhouse is just over an hour. From highway A35, use exit 8 (Entzheim Aéroport) when traveling to Strasbourg Airport.
Due to the limited number of destinations and generally high prices of tickets, alternative transportation options to Strasbourg, including the fast TGV trains are often a better choice. Intercontinental travelers may also want to note that it is often faster to fly via Frankfurt International Airport than via Paris when traveling by air to Strasbourg. Low-cost airlines have flights to nearby Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg EuroAirport and Karlsruhe Baden-Baden / Baden Airpark (FKB).