Getting to Aéroport Nice-Côte d’Azur is easy by public transportation airport express bus 82 (previously 250) or train from Antibes, Golfe Juan les Pins, and Vallauris on the French Riviera.
Express bus 82 (previously 250) is generally the simplest way to travel between Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport (NCE) and French Riviera resorts such as Antibes, Juan les Pin, and Vallauris. Trains offer an alternative while the local bus may be slow but cheap for passengers without heavy luggage.
Antibes is only 15 km from Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport but driving times can range from just over 20 minutes to well over 40 depending on traffic. Using the tollway can save time during peak hours. If pre-booking a private airport shuttle transfer, expect to pay around €60 for a car and €90 for a minibus van. Welcome gives online quotations for private airport transfers without first requiring personal details or flight numbers.
By Express Bus 82 (250) from Antibes to Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport (NCE)
Express Bus 82 (previously 250) offers the fastest and most convenient transportation other than a private vehicle between Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport (NCE) and Antibes, Villeneuve Loubet, Juan les Pins, and Vallauris.
Traveling time on express bus 82 is around 40 minutes to Antibes and 50 minutes to Juan les Pins. Express bus 82 departs from Nice Aéroport Terminal 2 only (use the free tram or navette shuttle buses from Terminal 1, walking is not an option). In Antibes, express bus 82 stops at Centre Commericial, Chapele des Combes and Pôle d’echanges Antibes (train station); in Juan-les-Pins it stops at La Régence, Pont du Lys, and Les Eucalyptes; in Golfe Juan at La Poste and Square Nabonnand, with Vallauris Parking du 8 Mai 1945 the final stop.
As an airport express bus, Bus 82 Express does not qualify for the €2.10 tickets. The one-way fare is €9 while groups of three pay €18.90, and groups up to 8 also receive discounts — add €0.40 for any ticket bought on the bus. Children under 12 pay half the fare, free for those under 4. Buy tickets from the ticket window at the airport, directly from the driver (add 40c per ticket), or online.
Express bus 82 runs at least hourly: arriving from 7:15 am to 20:30 at the airport and leaving from the airport from around 8:00 to 22:00.
By Train from Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport to Antibes and Juan-les-Pins
Trains offer an alternative to the Express Bus 82 when traveling from Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport to Antibes. Traveling time by TER train from Nice-Saint Augustin station, the closest train station to Nice Airport is only around 20 minutes and €4 to Antibes and 23 minutes or €4.20 to Juan-les-Pins.
See Travel to Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport by Train for more details on getting to the station from the airport terminal building – use the tram for free to Grand Arénas. Train tickets are available online from Trainline.
By Regular Ligne d’Azur Bus 620 to Antibes from Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport
The cheapest way to travel from Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport (NCE) to Antibes and all French Riviera towns between the airport and Cannes is to use the départemental bus 620 (previously 200) operated by Zou! (a recent rebrand of Ligne d’Azur). It cost only €2.10 (€2.50 for tickets bought on the bus) but the second piece of hand luggage may be charged €1 and a suitcase €5).
Bus 620 connects Nice Parc Phoenix with Cannes via Antibes but passes en route in front of the airport. The bus does not stop at the terminal building but rather at Aéroport / Promenade on the main road in front of the airport.
On the way to Nice, bus 620 does not stop at the airport at all — use tram 2 from Parc Phoenix.
Bus 620 runs mostly three per hour on Sundays and every 15 minutes on weekdays and most of Saturday.
Traveling times from the Airport to Antibes on bus 620 should be around 45 minutes but can be significantly longer during peak periods.
Bus 620 may be full by the time it reaches the airport and refuses to pick up additional passengers. Similarly, the bus towards the airport starts in Cannes and may well be full by the time it reaches Antibes. The train is generally a safer and more sensible option at busy times.
The Picasso Museum in Antibes is a top sight and a popular day-trip destination from other French Riviera resorts.
More on Travel to Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport:
- Public Transportation to Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport (NCE)
- Book Day Trips and Excursion Tours in the Nice Region
- By Tram 2 to Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport from Downtown
- By Train to Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport from French Riviera Resorts
- Transportation to Cannes from Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport
- Transportation to Antibes from Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport
- Transportation to Monaco from Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport
- By Bus from Nice to Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport to Downtown — Tram 2 is now the better choice.
- Welcome gives online quotations for private airport transfers without first requiring personal details and flight numbers, or request a quote from GetTransfers.
- Train tickets are easiest bought online from Trainline: Nice-St Augustin is the station closest to the airport while Nice-Ville is the main station in the town center.
- The official RailEurope and SNCF-connect websites for French national railways timetables and tickets are often cumbersome with confusing designs.
- Air France for cheap flights to Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport (NCE).
- Flixbus often has very cheap deals for intercity bus travel but services are seasonal.