Helicopters, trains, buses, and airport shuttle vans provide fast transportation from Monaco, Monte Carlo, and Menton to Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport (NCE).
Getting to Aéroport Nice-Côte d’Azur (NCE) from Monaco is fastest by helicopter, most comfortable by airport express bus, and cheapest by train or bus. Taxis and pre-booked airport shuttle van services are convenient for groups and families. Travel times from Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport (NCE) to Monaco without any waiting are: 7 minutes by helicopter, 45 minutes by Express Bus 80 (previously 110) or car, 50 minutes by train and bus, and up to two hours on regular buses.
Taxis from Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport (NCE) to Monaco are by the meter but pre-booked shuttles should be around €100, making it a good alternative to the bus for small groups, families, or when traveling at odd hours. Welcome gives online quotations for private airport transfers without first requiring personal details or flight numbers.
Helicopter Transfers from Monaco to Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport (NCE)
Around 70 daily scheduled (and more private) helicopter transfers speed travelers between Monaco and Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport (NCE). The seven-minute flight is definitely the fastest and most glamorous way to arrive in Monaco from Nice Airport.
Helicopter flights from Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport (NCE) to Monaco Heliport (MCM) cost around €160 per person on a scheduled flight with discounts for children, over-65s, and return flights. The helicopters arrived at the heliport in Fontvieille at the far western side of Monaco but usually include the road transfer to the final destination in Monaco.
Private flights, with up to five passengers, are just shy of €1000 for the transfer between Monaco and Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport (NCE).
Travelers on a budget should note that the Monaco to Nice flights are generally €10 cheaper than the other direction. During the Formula 1 Grand Prix weekend all prices go up.
Airport Express Bus 80 from Monaco to Nice-Côte d’Azur Aeroport (NCE)
Solo travelers may find Airport Xpress Bus 80 (previously 110) the most comfortable option when traveling between Monaco and Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport (NCE). The bus uses the highway with limited stops to reach Monaco in around an hour with a few buses continuing all the way to Menton.
The one-way fare is around €20. Children under 12 receive 50% off, while groups of 3 to 8 also receive significant discounts. Luggage carries a surcharge of up to €5 for large suitcases
Express bus 80 departs every 45 minutes from Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport (NCE) Terminal 2 (use the tram from terminal 1, walking is not an option) from 8:15 to 21:00.
Tickets for the Express Bus 80 may be bought from the ticket window at the airport, the bus driver (a few cents more expensive), or online. Seat reservations are not possible.
For travel outside these hours, use bus 607 from Nice-Le Port (dead slow but cheap at €1.50) or more sensibly the train.
Travel from Monte Carlo to Nice (NCE) by Public Bus
The cheapest way to travel between Monaco and Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport (NCE) is by regular bus. From Monaco use bus 607 (similar routing to the former line 100) to Nice (€1.50) which runs around four times per hour. Traveling time is around an hour but could be significantly longer in heavy traffic. In Nice, transfer to tram 2 at Port Lympia.
Total travel time could be well over two hours and luggage is not very popular on these municipal buses. On bus 607, €1 is charged for a second piece of hand luggage and €5 for a suitcase — the train is cheaper and much faster.
- See Travel to Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport (NCE) by Tram 2 for more details.
By Train from Monaco to Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport (NCE)
Trains provide a fast and cheap alternative to the convenient Express Bus 80 when traveling between Monaco and Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport (NCE).
Since the opening of tram 2 in Nice, traveling to the airport by train via Nice-St Augustin station has become significantly simpler. From the station, it is a short walk to the Grand Arénas tram stop. Traveling on the tram from Grand Arénas to airport Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 is free for all.
Traveling time is just over half an hour and costs around €5 in second class.
- See Travel to Nice Côte d’Azur Airport by Train for more details. Trainline is the simplest way to buy online train tickets.
More on Travel to Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport:
- Public Transportation to Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport (NCE)
- Book Day Trips and Excursion Tours in the Nice Region
- By Tram 2 to Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport from Downtown
- By Train to Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport from French Riviera Resorts
- Transportation to Cannes from Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport
- Transportation to Antibes from Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport
- Transportation to Monaco from Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport
- By Bus from Nice to Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport to Downtown — Tram 2 is now the better choice.
- Welcome gives online quotations for private airport transfers without first requiring personal details and flight numbers, or request a quote from GetTransfers.
- Train tickets are easiest bought online from Trainline: Nice-St Augustin is the station closest to the airport while Nice-Ville is the main station in the town center.
- The official RailEurope and SNCF-connect websites for French national railways timetables and tickets are often cumbersome with confusing designs.
- Air France for cheap flights to Nice-Côte d’Azur Airport (NCE).
- Flixbus often has very cheap deals for intercity bus travel but services are seasonal.