Romantic Franconian sights include Baroque Ansbach, Colmberg castle, Klosterkirche Minster in Heilsbronn, and Bad Windsheim with a spa and open-air museum.
Romantische Franken (Romantic Franconia) is in the northwestern parts of Bavaria in Germany. The most popular sights in Romantische Franken are those along the Romantic Road (Romantische Straße) between Rothenburg ob der Tauber and Dinkelsbühl, however, the region has more to offer including:
- Ansbach, a romantic town with a Baroque palace & cultural festivals
- Colmberg with a very romantic, authentic castle (with hotel and restaurant)
- Heilsbronn where the Klosterkirche (Minster) have the Hohenzollern tombs
- Bad Windsheim with one of the best open-air museums in Germany and a modern spa
- Outdoor adventures – cycling and hiking are especially popular
Romantic Franconia Tourist Office
Tourist-Information Romantisches Franken, Gemeinschaftszentrum Frankenhöhe, Am Kirchberg 4, 91598 Colmberg, tel 09803-94-141.
Transportation in Romantic Franconia in Bavaria, Germany
Ansbach has frequent, long-distance rail connections to Nürnberg and Würzburg. Heilsbronn and Bad Windsheim can be reached on frequent local train connections.
Local railways are part of the Nürnberg network with details available at www.vgn.de. The Bavarian Ticket is a good deal for travelers in Romantic Franconia as most rail transportation here is on local trains only.
Other towns can be reached by bus but double check return times as schedules are often limited, especially outside school terms. A private car or bicycles make traveling much easier in this area.
More on Romantic Franconia:
- Ansbach’s Baroque Residence and the Hohenzollern Connection
- Ansbach’s Old Town Sights
- Cultural Events in Ansbach & Kaspar Hauser
- Romanesque Church in Heilsbronn
- Colmberg Castle with Cheap Hotel & Restaurant
- Bad Windsheim – Open Air Museum, Spa, and Model Trains
- Open-Air Adventures in Romantic Franconia
- Hotels and Restaurants in Romantische Franken Towns